Apr 29, 2013 | Atlanta, GA
The following Georgia Tech employees and units have been honored in recent months:
- The Georgia Society of Professional Engineers and the 2013 Georgia Engineers Week Planning Committee selected Craig Forest, assistant professor in the School of Mechanical Engineering, as the 2013 Engineer of the Year in Education recipient.
- The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics awarded the 2013 Holt Ashley Award for Aeroelasticity to Dewey H. Hodges, professor in the School of Aerospace Engineering.
- Nazanin Bassiri-Gharb, assistant professor in the School of Mechanical Engineering, received a National Science Foundation CAREER Award.
- Gary May, dean of the College of Engineering; Augustine Esogbue, professor in the School of Industrial and Systems Engineering; S. Gordon Moore, executive director of student diversity and inclusion; and Stephanie Ray, associate dean of students, were honored by the Georgia Tech Black Alumni Organization.
- Clough Commons won the International Interior Design Association, Georgia Chapter, 2013 b.o.b. Award in the Sustainability category.
- Azad Naeemi, assistant professor in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, received a National Science Foundation CAREER Award.
- Paulette Richards, lecturer in the School of Literature, Media, and Communication, received a Fulbright Fellow Award.
- The 2013 Georgia Tech Building Manager of the Year Award was presented to Rod Sefton, facility manager for the Bunger Henry Building.
Awards for this feature are accepted on an ongoing basis. Provide name, title, unit, and honor (spelling out acronyms) to firstname.lastname@example.org.